A leading manufacturer of computer peripheral equipment including color and monochrome printers and multifunction products is seeking a dynamic, high energy, and accomplished Travel Coordinator.
GENERAL PURPOSE OF POSITION/SUMMARY:
The Travel Coordinator will be responsible for some aspects of Travel Services report management pertaining to expenses / travel. They will have responsibility for travel system management, training, set up, maintenance and updating. This position’s responsibilities include development, obtaining senior management consensus and implementing corporate travel programs (domestic and international) including corporate agency, booking methodology, supplier implementations (air, car and hotel), user profile registration, and additional required travel products and services. This position works closely and in collaboration with our Marketing Manager, Trade Shows & Events. This person will develop and distribute communications and training tools to reinforce employee compliance with all corporate T & E policies. They will analyze the impact of current and proposed regulations, laws, executive orders, international agreements and travel industry news and adapts programs and policies to the company and travelers’ advantage.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure compliance to all travel procedures
- Setup & manage new hire training in Concur US & Canada
- Enroll new hires with World Travel or other agent ensuring accuracy of registration information
- Maintain and update travel handbook as necessary
- Support to negotiate special rates at hotels close to office locations
- Support to negotiate special rates with car rental companies
- Ensure negotiated rates are accurate in booking system
- Setup all employees in airline travel system, ensuring accuracy of registration information
- Assist with passport, visa and travel information as needed
- Manage American Express credit card program for US & Canada
- Present recommendations to management on cost savings initiatives when appropriate
- Influence adoption of best practices and improved compliance
- Manage car program incentive and ensure correct registration
- Ensure car incentive enrollees are compliant
- Identify & escalate potential travel policy violations when necessary
- Support for Sales & Marketing meetings
- Manage relationships with our travel management company & service providers
- Special assistance with overseas visitors, including Japan.
- Accountable for
Travel policy compliance
Travel policy education and training
Travel policy adherence
Travel expenditure training
Travel handbook maintenance
- A bachelor’s degree in business, or equivalent experience.
- A combination of education and experience may be substituted.
TRAINING AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Proficiency & experience with Concur Expense & Travel System with Administrator level experience.
- Proficiency in managing online booking platforms and travel management company
- Administrator experience with American Express credit card program
- Strong comprehensive knowledge of travel industry
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications
- Knowledge of international travel regulations
- Knowledge of Apollo (United Airlines system)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, SOFTWARE REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to interact with business units in setting objectives and business plan goals.
- Analytical, detail oriented.
- Strong verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to organize, manage and control workflow and meet deadlines.
- Team contributor with pro-active communication discipline.
- Well organized.
- Strong customer service skills